The Earnings Alpha Portfolio is an options and equity portfolio operated by David Ristau as part of The Oxen Report. Earnings Alpha recommends option and equity trades based on earnings analysis along with fundamental and technical analysis. The company has crafted several metrics for investigating companies on how they will perform into and out of earnings. Here is an example of an Oxen Report that includes an Earnings Alpha position.
Please read our disclaimer below before moving forward.
- Enters 10-15 option plays per month as well as 3-4 equity positions per month.
- Uses credit spread options, which are bull put spreads, bear call spreads, and iron condors, as well as debit spreads, bull call spreads, bear put spreads, and reverse iron condors/butterflies.
- Position are researched using earnings analysis metrics created by our staff.
- Portfolio is available to Basic and Premium members.
Allocation Information (this portfolio is a virtual portfolio, see below for more details)
- Portfolio is $20,000 in size.
- 100% position size is $2500 in options and $5000 in equity. Six maximum 100% option positions or two maximum 100% equity positions at any time.
**Disclaimer: All portfolios at The Oxen Group are virtual portfolios, meaning they are ideas and no actual positions are taken. We use the allocation as a way to track these ideas to help with our transparency. The Oxen Group is not a financial adviser and all ideas inside of this portfolio are strictly educational and our opinions. Any material presented on this page or corresponding pages is provided for informational purposes only and is based upon information that is considered to be reliable. However, neither The Oxen Group nor its affiliates warrant its completeness, accuracy or adequacy and it should not be relied upon as such. Neither The Oxen Group nor its affiliates are responsible for any errors or omissions or for results obtained from the use of this information. Past performance, including the tracking of virtual trades and portfolios for educational purposes, is not necessarily indicative of future results. Neither The Oxen Group or anyone related to The Oxen Group is a registered financial adviser. Oxen Group employees do not trade any positions and do not benefit from any of these ideas. Our current long-term holdings are located on the website. Do not buy or sell based on anything that is written here, the risk of loss in trading is great. Please seek financial advice before making any investments. This material does not take into account your particular investment objectives, financial situations or needs and is not intended as a recommendation to you of any particular securities, financial instruments or strategies. Before investing, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and, as necessary, seek professional advice.